In a nutshell
Please note – this course is available to Western Australian residents only.
If you have good physical coordination and enjoy working with machinery, then this Certificate III in Process Manufacturing (MSM30116) from Industry Skills Training could be a perfect qualification to get you started in this interesting and varied field.
By attaining crucial skills such as how to perform inspection and identify equipment faults, organise and complete receival and dispatch operations, how to identify goods and parts and store to specifications, how to safely shift materials by hand, how to lead a work team or a group and how to comply with work health and safety procedures, you will become equipped to undertake a range of roles in industry and manufacturing. You will also gain contemporary organisational and management skills that will allow you to supervise work of others and effectively manage people around you, thus making you a valuable asset to any business engaged in production and manufacturing.
Note: This course is available through the Jobs & Skills WA Work Readiness and Lower Fees, Local Skills programs and discount is available for eligible students. Enquire now to find out if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal academic entry requirements for this course.
Students will need to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI) which we can assist with, photo identification and meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
When completing the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance (HLT33015) qualification from Industry Skills Training, you may study the following subjects:
- MSMWHS200 - Work safely
- MSS402051 - Apply quality standards
- MSMSUP210 - Process and record information
- MSMENV272 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMWHS100 - Follow WHS procedures
- MSMWHS110 - Follow emergency response procedures
- PMBHAN103 - Shift materials safely by hand
- TLIA0004 - Complete receival and despatch documentation
- TLIA0015 - Organise receival and despatch operations
- TLIA0010 - Identify goods and store to specifications
- TLIX0013X - Maintain stock control and receivals
- MEM15004 - Perform inspection
- MSMSUP303 - Identify equipment faults
- MSMSUP291 - Participate in continuous improvement
- TLIG3002 - Lead a work team or group
- MSMSUP382 - Provide coaching/mentoring in the workplace
- MSMSUP383 - Facilitate a team
- MSMWHS300 - Facilitate the implementation of WHS for a work-group
- MSMSUP101 - Clean workplace or equipment
- MSS402040 - Apply 5S procedures
- BSBCUS301 - Deliver and monitor a service to customers
Why Industry Skills Training?
Industry Skills Training (IST) is a new and rapidly growing registered training organisation located in WA. It is a specialist registered training organisation (RTO) that has been delivering quality education by personnel that are highly skilled professionals with substantial knowledge through experience at the front line of the industry and education sectors. They deliver a growing scope of nationally recognised qualifications and training, and also provide pathways for those who are interested in furthering their studies.
Courses are available in the Business, Community Services, Warehousing & Logistics, Retail, and Construction sectors. All course material goes through thorough quality audits to ensure that you only receive the very best in training. Every student has access to their very own dedicated course mentor, who will be there to support you throughout your entire studies.
Industry Skills Training is a trading name for Australian College of Finance Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40486)
IST is continuously growing as a Registered Training Organisation, doing their best to provide our students with the best possible education we can by providing a flexible, easy to access way of learning with the support of their many trainers and support officers along the way.
They have a team full of young, vibrant and professional individuals with a strong dedication to putting you and all of your educational needs first. Their aim is to provide you with the skill set and support you need to help you achieve your goals.