In a nutshell
If you enjoy working with young children in an educational setting and are looking for a fulfilling and in-demand career, then this CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Insight Training could be exactly what you’re looking for.
Once you have completed this course, you will be fully qualified to confidently perform in one of the myriad of early childhood education roles nationally. You will gain crucial industry knowledge such as how to support children’s health, safety and well-being, how to support the holistic learning and development of children, how to provide experiences to support children’s play and learning, how to meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care and how to identify and respond to children and young people at risk. This qualification will also give you the minimum level of education required by Australian regulation to work in early childhood education and care environment.
As a part of this course, students will be required to complete a minimum of 160 hours of practical work experience in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia, which will give them the opportunity to test out their skills as well as give them real-world experience required to hit the ground running once they commence employment in the industry.
You have a choice of studying this course in-classroom at one of our campuses (in Morley, Joondalup or Rockingham) or studying 100% online. Please note that both options still involve the practical work experience component.
This CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is government funded through the Jobs and Skills WA program which applies to eligible WA residents. This course is also covered by the WA Government and Commonwealth’s “Free in 23” program, where students who qualify can enrol in eligible courses at no cost. Enquire today to see if you qualify!
This course uses the following delivery methods, please take this into account when assessing course suitability:
- Blended with virtual classes – you can do the whole course online but you do need to attend some online classes at specific times (a couple of nights per week) with trainers. This study mode is government funded and is the most popular type of study mode used by students at Insight Training.
Please Note: This course is NOT available to people on a 500 or 600 visa.
What you’ll need
This course has no formal educational requirements.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
In order to meet workplace experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet duty of care obligations. Students should also have a reasonable level of fitness to cope with physical demands such as standing, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching.
Students will be required to complete and pass a Working with Children Check/Police Clearance in the state or territory that they are working in prior to commencing child related work (this includes work placement).
While completing the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Insight Training, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children's health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with their natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ culture
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children's education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children's care and education
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012 - Provide first aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
Why Insight Training?
Since its inception in 2010, Insight Training (RTO 32142) has been one of Western Australia’s most respected vocational education and training providers.
Through close consultation with industry leaders, they have been able to help thousands of course attendees with modern and industry-relevant training, and their students have gone on to enjoy successful and fulfilling careers in their chosen fields.
Insight Training offers a huge range online and classroom-based courses in the fields of Aged Care, Early Childhood Education and Care, Community Services, Business & Management, Disability and Retail.
Their campuses in Joondalup, Morley, Rockingham and Rockingham East are well-equipped and provide students with a comfortable and motivating learning environment.
Insight Training trainers are inspiring industry professionals who are committed to providing students with the best opportunity to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
Insight Training features an unparalleled student support program that is designed to ensure that all students can achieve optimum success in a minimum amount of time, and that after graduation they have all the skills and confidence required to commence employment or progress their careers in their chosen sectors.
Many of the courses offered qualify for government subsidies which mean that students will not be placed under financial stress, and Insight Training offers a number of easy payment plans that make it even easier for students to complete their courses without a major impact on their lifestyles.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: