In a nutshell
If you are an emphatic person looking for a career that will allow you to empower individuals affected by mental health issues and contribute to enhancing their quality of life, then this government accredited CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) is tailored for you.
This qualification delineates the responsibilities of professionals engaged in offering self-directed and recovery-oriented support to individuals affected by mental illness and psychiatric disability. The scope of work encompasses the implementation of community-based programs and activities which centre around mental health, mental illness, and psychiatric disability. This work occurs within diverse community contexts, including community-based non-government organisations, home-based outreach initiatives, centre-based programs, respite care, residential services, rehabilitation programs, clinical settings, and support for individuals in employment.
On completion of this program, you will be equipped with the tools and qualifications required to start effectively assisting individuals facing the daily challenges associated with living with mental health issues.
This course involves 80 hours of practical work placement aimed at providing you with real life experience prior to graduation.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational requirements for this course, however:
• Students must be at least 18 years of age;
• You must be eligible to study in Australia;
• You will need to be able to obtain the required criminal and working with children checks (if applicable).
While completing this CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP), you will cover the following subjects:
- CHCMHS002 - Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery-oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma-informed care
- CHCMHS008 - Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
Elective Units (choose four from the following)
- CHCAOD001 - Work in an alcohol and other drugs context
- CHCCCS003 - Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS014 - Provide brief interventions
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid *RPL or CT only
Why The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP)?
The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) (RTO: 70206) stands out as an award-winning and globally recognised training provider specialising in advanced, cutting-edge strategic approaches to Counselling, Mental Health, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnotherapy, and Strategic Psychotherapy. IAP are committed to developing an understanding of the specific needs of each student and delivering the best and most effective learning experience possible. IAP offers its students flexible study options, which include self-paced, online, and live broadcasted training. Additionally, IAP holds national accreditation as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provides ongoing supervision for its graduates as well as career advice and assistance.
The Institute of Applied Psychology prides itself on a global network of renowned practitioners and facilitators, offering world-class training modules and robust student support mechanisms. IAP is committed to providing a safe and engaging study space for all students, and offer students a maximum level of support in terms of managing their study load, performance and personal circumstances in order to optimise their chances of graduating in as short a time as possible. Beyond a mere certification, IAP is committed to creating a nurturing learning environment that empowers individuals to make significant impact in their professional fields and the lives of others. So if you are looking to start or progress your career in this exciting and growing field, IAP makes an excellent choice as your potential training provider.