In a nutshell
Want to make a career out of pampering people? Want to learn how to create art and boost people’s confidence while working in a beauty salon or your own business? The Certificate III in Beauty Services (SHB30115), from Ivy College, is your first step towards becoming a qualified beautician.
If you love all things beauty and make-up, this is the perfect course for you. You’ll learn everything you need to know to work in a salon or cosmetic retail environment. From make-up and nail art, to tanning and waxing, to manicures, pedicures and even eyelash extensions – you’ll even cover HR and retailing, all in this amazing beauty course.
The course is self-paced, so you can shape your study to suit you – and the faster you study, the sooner you graduate and start your career! You can pamper people in a salon, sell makeup and beauty products in a retail store, apply nail art as a manicurist/pedicurist, or even start your own beauty business. So what are you waiting for? Enquire today!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old; AND
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI); AND
- Have a unique email address; AND
- Be able to access a computer with an internet connection; AND
- Possess language, literacy and numeracy skills appropriate to the level of the qualification.
In this beauty services course, the subjects you may study include:
- SHBBMUP002 - Design and apply make-up
- SHBBBOS001 - Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBFAS001 - Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBHRS001 - Provide waxing services
- SHBBCCS001 - Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBXCCS004 - Recommend products and services
- SHBBNLS001 - Provide manicure and pedicure services
- SHBBMUP001 - Apply Eyelash extension
- SHBBNLS004 - Apply nail art
- SHBBMUP003 - Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services
- SHBBRES001 - Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon services to clients
Why Ivy College?
Established in 2009, Ivy College is a registered training organisation and one of Australia’s most awarded education providers specialising in make-up, beauty therapy, specialist make-up and health and wellbeing practices. Ivy College is dedicated to helping passionate individuals embark or upskill in their desired career in beauty therapy and make-up.
Through enriched and flexible study experiences, Ivy College offers a range of accredited qualifications such as Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Certificate III in Make-Up and more. With student support, practical clinics and work placement opportunities, Ivy College is designed to help students pursue careers they’re passionate about.
For students looking to study online, course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-built learning platform. Plus, it’s study at your own pace – meaning, you determine the way you want to study.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study needs. Upon enrolment, you will be allocated an experienced industry trainer who will guide you through every step of your course and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.
As a student of Ivy College you computer is your campus. Course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-build learning platform.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study and career needs. Upon enrolment you will be allocated an experienced trainer who will guide you through every step of your course, and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.