In a nutshell
Are you passionate about make-up? Do you know your blush brush from your beauty blender? Would you like to build your skills and forge a career from your passion? The Certificate III in Make-Up (SHB30215), from Ivy College, is your first step towards becoming a qualified make-up artist.
This jam-packed course will give you the skills you need for professional make-up design and application. From ‘regular’ make-up to creative, photographic and camouflage, who knew there were so many different ways to apply make-up? You’ll master all of these and more – the course also covers beauty basics such as tanning, airbrushing and eyelash extension application.
Once you’ve graduated, a world of career opportunities in the professional make-up industry are available to you. Whether you want to work in a beauty salon; the fashion, media or entertainment industry; the cosmetic retail environment; or even start your own business as a make-up artist, you’ll be ready to kickstart that career!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old; AND
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI); AND
- Have an email address; AND
- Be able to access a computer with an internet connection; AND
- Possess language, literacy and numeracy skills appropriate to the level of the qualification.
In this make-up course, the subjects you may study include:
- SHBBMUP002 - Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP003 - Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 - Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply, safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon services to clients
- SHBBBOS001 - Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBMUP005 - Apply airbrushed make-up
- SHBBMUP006 - Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services
- SHBBRES001 - Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBCCS001 - Advise on beauty products and services
- SSHBXCCS004 - Recommend products and services
- SHBBMUP001 - Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBBMUP007 - Work collaboratively on make-up productions
Why Ivy College?
Established in 2009, Ivy College is a registered training organisation and one of Australia’s most awarded education providers specialising in make-up, beauty therapy, specialist make-up and health and wellbeing practices. Ivy College is dedicated to helping passionate individuals embark or upskill in their desired career in beauty therapy and make-up.
Through enriched and flexible study experiences, Ivy College offers a range of accredited qualifications such as Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Certificate III in Make-Up and more. With student support, practical clinics and work placement opportunities, Ivy College is designed to help students pursue careers they’re passionate about.
For students looking to study online, course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-built learning platform. Plus, it’s study at your own pace – meaning, you determine the way you want to study.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study needs. Upon enrolment, you will be allocated an experienced industry trainer who will guide you through every step of your course and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.
As a student of Ivy College you computer is your campus. Course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-build learning platform.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study and career needs. Upon enrolment you will be allocated an experienced trainer who will guide you through every step of your course, and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.