In a nutshell
Love pampering people? Want to do it for a living? Gain your dream job in an exciting, flexible industry! Kickstart your beauty therapy career with the Diploma of Beauty Therapy (SHB50115) from Ivy College.
Throughout this comprehensive course, you’ll gain experience in a range of beauty therapy and treatment practices: make-up, manicures and pedicures, facial treatments, spa treatments, aromatherapy, massage and more. You’ll also learn how to manage and market your own small beauty therapy business, so you can fulfil your dream of becoming an entrepreneur beautician!
This is a flexible, self-paced course, which you can finish in as little as 12 months. It’s delivered online with a practical assessment component, so you can study when and where you want as well as testing your skills in real-world salon scenarios. By the time you graduate, you’ll have the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed in whichever aspect of the beauty industry you choose!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Have an unique email address and access to a computer with an internet connection; AND
- Have capability in English and mathematics to at least Year 12 level. To show evidence of this capability, during the enrolment process you will need to have satisfied the following:
- Provide a copy of your senior secondary certificate in education or equivalent; OR
- Provide a copy of a nationally recognised diploma or higher qualification (completed within the last 5 years); OR
- Successfully complete the Entry Test.
In this beauty therapy course, the subjects you may study include:
- SHBBINF001 - Maintain infection control
- SHBXWHS001 - Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXCCS001 - Conduct financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 - Provide salon service to clients
- SHBBNLS001 - Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBMUP004 - Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBXIND001 - Comply with organisational requirements in a personal services environment
- SHBBRES001 - Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBMUP002 - Design and apply make-up
- HLTHPS010 - Interpret and use information about nutrition and diet
- SHBBFAS001 - Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBHRS001 - Provide waxing services
- SHBBFAS002 - Provide facial treatments and skincare recommendations
- SHBBFAS003 - Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBBOS003 - Provide body treatments
- SHBBBOS002 - Provide body massage
- SHBBCCS002 - Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends
- SHBBBOS004 - Provide aromatherapy massage
- SHBBSPA004 - Provide Indian head massage for relaxation
- SHBBSPA003 - Provide stone therapy massage
- SHBBBOS005 - Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- BSBSMB405 - Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- SHBBBOS006 - Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SHBBSKS005 - Provide Microdermabrasion treatments
Why Ivy College?
Established in 2009, Ivy College is a registered training organisation and one of Australia’s most awarded education providers specialising in make-up, beauty therapy, specialist make-up and health and wellbeing practices. Ivy College is dedicated to helping passionate individuals embark or upskill in their desired career in beauty therapy and make-up.
Through enriched and flexible study experiences, Ivy College offers a range of accredited qualifications such as Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Certificate III in Make-Up and more. With student support, practical clinics and work placement opportunities, Ivy College is designed to help students pursue careers they’re passionate about.
For students looking to study online, course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-built learning platform. Plus, it’s study at your own pace – meaning, you determine the way you want to study.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study needs. Upon enrolment, you will be allocated an experienced industry trainer who will guide you through every step of your course and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.
As a student of Ivy College you computer is your campus. Course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-build learning platform.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study and career needs. Upon enrolment you will be allocated an experienced trainer who will guide you through every step of your course, and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.