In a nutshell
Have you always wanted to put your make-up skills to work in film, television or theatre? with a Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-up Services) (CUA51015) from Ivy College you can expand your knowledge and skillset to kickstart a thrilling career in the entertainment industry.
This exciting course will get you ready to become a specialist make-up artist. You’ll learn how to apply make-up and style hair for performances, productions and photography; work with wigs and hairpieces; and design, create and apply prosthetics and special effects makeup. There’s a lot to learn, and with a combination of online theory and face-to-face practical classes you will expand your skills and gain your qualification in as little as 12 months.
Plus with 2 days of practical classes at Sydney’s renowned Actors Centre Australia, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience working on live production sets.
Once you graduate, there’s a world of career options available to you in the entertainment industry. Whether you want to be a special effects make-up artist on film sets, or work behind-the-scenes at theatre and television productions, this is the perfect course for you!
Please note: this course is currently only available in Sydney.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old; AND
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection; AND
- Capability in English and mathematics to at least Year 12 level. To show evidence of this capability, during the enrolment process you will need to have satisfied the following:
- Provide a copy of your senior secondary certificate in education or equivalent; OR
- Provide a copy of a nationally recognised diploma or higher qualification (completed within the last 5 years); OR
- Successfully complete the Entry Test.
In this specialist make-up course, the subjects you may study include:
- CUAMUP401 - Design, apply and remove make-up
- BSBDES402 - Interpret and respond to a design brief
- CUAMUP403 - Style hair for performance or productions
- SHBBMUP00 - Design and apply make-up for photography
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- CUAMUP502 - Design and apply specialised make-up
- CUAMUP402 - Maintain make-up and hair continuity
- CUAMUP404 - Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- CUAPPR405 - Develop and discuss ideas for own creative work
- BSBCRT501 - Originate and develop concepts
- CUAMUP503 - Design apply special make-up effects
- CUAMUP504 - Create prosthetics for special make-up effect
- CUAPPR505 - Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- BSBCRT402 - Collaborate in a creative process
- CUAIND502 - Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
Why Ivy College?
Established in 2009, Ivy College is a registered training organisation and one of Australia’s most awarded education providers specialising in make-up, beauty therapy, specialist make-up and health and wellbeing practices. Ivy College is dedicated to helping passionate individuals embark or upskill in their desired career in beauty therapy and make-up.
Through enriched and flexible study experiences, Ivy College offers a range of accredited qualifications such as Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Certificate III in Make-Up and more. With student support, practical clinics and work placement opportunities, Ivy College is designed to help students pursue careers they’re passionate about.
For students looking to study online, course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-built learning platform. Plus, it’s study at your own pace – meaning, you determine the way you want to study.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study needs. Upon enrolment, you will be allocated an experienced industry trainer who will guide you through every step of your course and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.
As a student of Ivy College you computer is your campus. Course work will be delivered via myIVY, the college’s high-tech and purpose-build learning platform.
You will also receive unparalleled support for all your study and career needs. Upon enrolment you will be allocated an experienced trainer who will guide you through every step of your course, and can be contacted by phone, LiveChat and video conference. Each Ivy trainer is also available outside of business hours, during set times, so you can have access to one-on-one consultations.