In a nutshell
Don’t wait to start your business career! This industry-focused Bachelor of Business at Kaplan Business School will equip you with the critical skills to thrive in business in as little as two years.
This broad but comprehensive course equips you with the essential knowledge that underpins activity across a wide range of businesses. You’ll study a diverse range of business topics – including finance and economics, people management, marketing and event management, and risk management and strategic planning – and develop a thorough understanding of the role each plays across a variety of businesses. No matter your area of interest, you can carve out your career path with this course.
You’ll also develop a fundamental understanding of the economic, social, regulatory and ethical environment in which businesses operate, which means you’ll graduate with a sophisticated understanding of the modern economy and the role you play within it.
Internship units and a global focus provide you with opportunities to apply your technical knowledge to real-life situations, ensuring you’re equipped to work competently in a wide range of professional fields after you graduate.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for mature age entry (ages 21 and above); OR
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR score of 55, or equivalent; OR
- Have completed the VCE, OP or SACE; OR
- Provide an academic letter of recommendation
Kaplan Business School also offers a range of alternative entry pathways if you don’t meet these criteria. Enquire now to chat with a course advisor!
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business communication
- Introduction to management
- Accounting for managers
- Business information systems
- Marketing principles
- Commercial law
- Quantitative analysis
- Foundations of academic success 1 (numeracy)
- Foundations of academic success 2 (English)
- Foundations of academic success 3 (study skills)
- Introduction to economics
- Financial accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Financial accounting 2
- Corporations law
- Management accounting 1
- Financial institutions and market
- Advanced economics
- Corporate finance
- Applied investment management
- Introduction to hospitality and tourism
- Hospitality and tourism market
- Hospitality and tourism management
- Human resource management
- Performance management
- Organisational behaviour
- Business ethics
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Integrated marketing communications
- Marketing research essentials
- Services marketing
- Foundations of workplace success
- Accounting theory and contemporary issues
- Auditing and assurance
- Company accounting
- Taxation law
- Management accounting 2
- Portfolio and fund management
- Derivatives and risk management
- Multinational finance and trade
- Applied corporate strategies
- Attraction and event management
- Food and beverage management
- Accommodation management
- Emerging issues
- Industrial relations
- Managing change
- International human resource management
- Business research
- Strategic management
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Issues in international business
- Consumer behaviour
- Digital marketing
- International marketing
- Strategic marketing (Capstone)
- Project management
- Internship 1
- Internship 2
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria.
Why Kaplan Business School?
Kaplan Business School provides holistic business education that equips students with the knowledge, skills and tools required to manage, lead, and succeed in a real work environment.
Kaplan Business School’s qualifications are delivered through a unique blend of practical and theoretical components. Here, students are required to complete assessments that reflect global industry practices.
Kaplan Business School offers academic internships and work placements through an extensive network of partner companies. Each campus has an on-site Careers Officer who helps to place students based on their industry needs.
Kaplan Business School supports its students at every stage of the educational journey, and offers personalised, student-driven programs. This includes the unique Career Mentorship Program, which pairs Kaplan students with industry leaders. This gives students the opportunity to build their professional networks and gain valuable industry insights.
Kaplan Business School help their students achieve career success with Careers Central, their on-campus careers services team. Careers Central services include an industry placement service, which enables students to put theory into practice. Search for the perfect job using Career Hub, Kaplan’s online job board. Kaplan students get support in achieving their career goals with 1-on-1 careers coaching.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: