In a nutshell
Finance – one of the world’s largest and most diverse fields, couple with a strong business acumen and you’ve got a powerful combination. Build your skills with Kaplan Business School’s Bachelor of Business (Finance) and get qualified to work in a range of rewarding, challenging and fast-paced sectors.
Armed with your degree you’ll be able to increase your income potential, expand your network and boost your career prospects. The course offers relevant core subject like economics, business communication, corporate finance, and portfolio and fund management; as well as diverse electives including the hospitality and tourism market, consumer behaviour, strategic management and taxation law – just to name a few.
Study on campus and experience what makes Kaplan Business School of leaders in business education!
What you’ll need
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for mature age entry (ages 21 and above); OR
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR score of 55, or equivalent; OR
- Have completed the VCE, OP or SACE; OR
- Provide an academic letter of recommendation
Kaplan Business School also offers a range of alternative entry pathways if you don’t meet these criteria. Enquire now to chat with a course advisor!
In this business and finance course, the subject you may study include:
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Business Information Systems
- Marketing Principles
- Commercial Law
- Quantitative Analysis
- Financial Institutions & Markets
- Advanced Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Applied Investment Management
- Portfolio and Fund Management
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Multinational Business Finance and International Trade
- Applied Corporate Strategies
- Foundations of Academic Success 1 (Numeracy)
- Foundations of Academic Success 2 (English)
- Foundations of Academic Success 3 (Study Skills)
- Introduction to Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Accounting 2
- Corporations Law
- Management Accounting 1
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- The Hospitality & Tourism Market
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management
- Performance Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Ethics
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research Essentials
- Services Marketing
- Foundations of Workplace Success
- Accounting Theory and Contemporary Issues
- Auditing and Assurance
- Company Accounting
- Taxation Law
- Management Accounting 2
- Attraction and Event Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Accommodation Management
- Emerging Issues in Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Relations
- Managing Change
- International Human Resource Management
- Business Research
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Issues in International Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing
- International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing (Capstone)
- Project Management
- Internship 1
- Internship 2
Why Kaplan Business School?
Kaplan Business School provides holistic business education that equips students with the knowledge, skills and tools required to manage, lead, and succeed in a real work environment.
Kaplan Business School’s qualifications are delivered through a unique blend of practical and theoretical components. Here, students are required to complete assessments that reflect global industry practices.
Kaplan Business School offers academic internships and work placements through an extensive network of partner companies. Each campus has an on-site Careers Officer who helps to place students based on their industry needs.
Kaplan Business School supports its students at every stage of the educational journey, and offers personalised, student-driven programs. This includes the unique Career Mentorship Program, which pairs Kaplan students with industry leaders. This gives students the opportunity to build their professional networks and gain valuable industry insights.
Kaplan Business School help their students achieve career success with Careers Central, their on-campus careers services team. Careers Central services include an industry placement service, which enables students to put theory into practice. Search for the perfect job using Career Hub, Kaplan’s online job board. Kaplan students get support in achieving their career goals with 1-on-1 careers coaching.