In a nutshell
You’re a future business leader, and the flagship Master of Business Administration at Kaplan Business School will give you the skills you need to take your career to new heights.
Founded in strong business principles, but constantly evolving to reflect business realities, this business course equips graduates with the practical skills and real-world testing necessary to help businesses and individuals excel.
In this course, you’ll study a broad range of subjects covering a comprehensive business framework, including leadership, governance, financial management, cultural leadership and people management, strategic planning, problem-solving, operations management and decision-making – giving you the fundamental information to make effective business decisions.
With a strong focus on real-world application, this course offers practical assessments and teaches a global perspective, so that your learning reflects the dynamic social, ethical and environmental context in which business decisions are made. You can also choose from flexible online or on-campus delivery for maximum flexibility.
You’ll graduate with a deep knowledge base and the critical abilities and practical skills necessary to enact real change in the business world.
MBA Student Story
What you’ll need
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for mature age entry (ages 21 and above); OR
- Have achieved a minimum ATAR score of 55, or equivalent; OR
- Have completed the VCE, OP or SACE; OR
- Provide an academic letter of recommendation
Kaplan Business School also offers a range of alternative entry pathways if you don’t meet these criteria. Enquire now to chat with a course advisor!
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- Culture and contemporary leadership
- Governance, ethics and sustainability
- Financial and economic interpretation and communication
- Consumer behaviour and marketing psychology
- Dynamic strategy and disruptive innovation
- Emotional intelligence, cultural intelligence and diversity
- Operations management and decision-making models
- Data analysis, problem solving and digital operations
- Business psychology, coaching and mentoring
- Thinking styles, negotiation and conflict management
Choose from the following electives:
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Small business administration
- Corporate venturing
- Healthcare systems
- Comprehensive healthcare strategies
- Quality healthcare management
- Digital marketing and communication
- Knowledge management
- Digital analytics, big data and technologies
- Strategic project management
- Project initiation, planning and execution
- Project risk, finance and monitoring
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria.
Why Kaplan Business School?
Kaplan Business School provides holistic business education that equips students with the knowledge, skills and tools required to manage, lead, and succeed in a real work environment.
Kaplan Business School’s qualifications are delivered through a unique blend of practical and theoretical components. Here, students are required to complete assessments that reflect global industry practices.
Kaplan Business School offers academic internships and work placements through an extensive network of partner companies. Each campus has an on-site Careers Officer who helps to place students based on their industry needs.
Kaplan Business School supports its students at every stage of the educational journey, and offers personalised, student-driven programs. This includes the unique Career Mentorship Program, which pairs Kaplan students with industry leaders. This gives students the opportunity to build their professional networks and gain valuable industry insights.
Kaplan Business School help their students achieve career success with Careers Central, their on-campus careers services team. Careers Central services include an industry placement service, which enables students to put theory into practice. Search for the perfect job using Career Hub, Kaplan’s online job board. Kaplan students get support in achieving their career goals with 1-on-1 careers coaching.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: