In a nutshell
Make a difference in your clients’ lives with this Graduate Certificate in Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF). Offered by Kaplan Professional in association with the SMSF Association, this unique qualification equips you with essential SMSF skills and knowledge, and can also make you eligible for several SMSF professional designations.
You’ll explore the fascinating world of behavioural finance to understand investment decision-making, and learn how to demonstrate best practice when taking SMSF trustees through the stages of an SMSF lifecycle. With three core subjects and the ability to choose an elective that suits your specialty area, you’ll develop the essential communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to navigate the complexities of SMSF and effectively guide trustees.
This is an ideal qualification for finance and law professional seeking advanced specialist knowledge. It’s also an excellent choice for those with Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Financial Planner, Global Accounting Alliance or other accreditations who are looking to expand their capacity to work with clients who have SMSFs.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet ASIC requirements for RG 146 in all of the following Tier 1 areas:
- Financial Planning (Personal or General Advice)
- Life Insurance (Personal or General Advice)
- Superannuation (Personal or General Advice)
- Managed Investments (Personal or General Advice)
- Securities (Personal or General Advice)
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
PLUS one (1) of the following criteria:
Entry Criteria A
- a relevant postgraduate degree; OR
- a relevant undergraduate degree; OR
- a related advanced diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience.
Entry Criteria B
- an unrelated postgraduate degree or undergraduate degree plus 2 years' related industry experience; OR
- an unrelated advanced diploma plus 5 years' related industry experience.
Entry Criteria C
- academic and/or professional qualifications demonstrating potential to undertake study at this level.
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- SMS001 - SMSF Best Practice
- SMS002 - Understanding SMSF Trustees
- SMS003 - SMSF Strategic Advice
Elective subjects (choose one elective subject)
- SMS004 - Auditing Standards for SMSFs
- SMS005 - SIS Regulation and Taxation
- SMS006 - SMSF Trust Deeds
Why Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student advice team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student advice representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice about study pathways and subject selection.
There are also discussion forums where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.