In a nutshell
If you’re ready for a rewarding career in finance, Kaplan Professional’s flexible online Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance is the right course for you. Tailor your learning to suit your professional goals by specialising in a specific area, or follow a more general learning pathway.
Gain key skills and knowledge across a range of finance specialties – you’ll take core subjects that cover financial markets and economic principles, regulation ethics and risk management and financial analysis and valuation, and you can also major in Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Financial Markets, Financial Analysis or Investment Management. From mining investment and industrial equity to credit risk and business valuation, your chosen course electives will enable you to become an expert in your area of interest and tailor your learning to suit your career goals.
If you’re an existing finance professional keen to make your next career move or are looking to further your career in treasury, investment analysis, corporate finance or investment management, this is the course for you. If you hold a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Financial Planner, Global Accounting Alliance or other accreditation and are seeking to build on your qualifications, this graduate diploma can set you on the right path.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- An Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Certificate; OR
- A related Advanced Diploma or Diploma; OR
- An unrelated Advanced Diploma or Diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience; OR
- Academic and/or professional qualifications demonstrating potential to undertake study at this level.
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- FIN101 - Financial Markets and Economic Principles
- FIN102 - Regulation Ethics and Risk Management
- FIN103 - Financial Analysis and Valuation
Elective subjects (choose one elective subject)
- FIN201 - Quantitative Applications in Finance
- FIN202 - Fundamentals of Asset Valuation
- FIN203 - Fundamentals of Equity Markets
- FIN204 - Fundamentals of Risk
- FIN205 - Business Valuation
- FIN206 - Investment Management
- FIN219 - Operational Risk Management
- FIN231 - Technical Analysis
- FIN234 - Strategic Management
- FIN235 - Sales and Marketing for Financial Institutions
- FIN240 - Interest Rate Markets
- FIN280 - Financial Modelling
- FIN290 - Business Valuation Application
- FIN306 - Applied Portfolio Management
- FIN322 - Industrial Equity Analysis
FIN327 - Mining Investment Analysis
- FIN328 - Real Estate Analysis Funding
- FIN329 - Futures and Options Markets and Trading
- FIN330 - Mergers and Acquisitions
- FIN338 - Project Finance
- FIN341 - Foreign Exchange Markets
- FIN342 - Applied Corporate Finance
- FIN343 - Market Risk Management
- FIN344 - Credit Risk Management
Why Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student services team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student support representatives will be on hand to answer questions around the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice around study pathways and subject selection.
There’s also an ‘Ask the Tutor’ forum where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.