In a nutshell
This Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA)-approved* online Master of Financial Planning course from Kaplan Professional can take your finance career to new heights. If you’re a financial adviser looking to upskill and work towards a professional designation, or a professional from a different field looking to move into financial planning, this course presents an ideal pathway.
This purpose-built, AQF level 9 degree is the highest attainable financial planning qualification, and has been designed and developed in consultation with industry experts. Combining practical, performance-focused learning outcomes with advanced technical knowledge and skills, it’s a highly specialised degree that can take you to the top. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of key subject areas, including financial markets and products, investments, risk management, financial planning, taxation law and strategies, compliance and ethical conduct.
If you’re keen to progress towards the Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner or Certified Financial Planner designation, or hold a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst or similar designation and are keen to build on your existing knowledge base and work in broader or more specific financial planning positions, this degree can take you there.
*Provided you complete the electives FPE011 Debt Strategies and FPE016 Self Managed Superannuation Funds.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A related Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Diploma; OR
- An unrelated Undergraduate Degree or Graduate Diploma plus 2 years' related industry experience.
In this finance course, the subjects you may study include:
- FPC001 - Economic, Legal and Ethical Context for Financial Planning
- FPC002 - Applied Financial Planning
- FPC003 - Superannuation and Retirement Advice
- FPC004 - Insurance Advice
- FPC005 - Estate and Succession Planning
- FPC006 - Tax and Commercial Law for Financial Planning
- FPC007 - Client Engagement Skills
- FPC008 - Investment Advice
- FPC009 - Complex Financial Planning
- KAP001 - Research Project
Elective subjects (choose two elective subjects)
- FPE010 - Aged Care
- FPE011 - Debt Strategies
- FPE012 - Marketing for Financial Planning Practices
- FPE013 - Business Planning and Practice Management
- FPE014 - Financial Accounting Principles
- FPE015 - Derivatives in Financial Planning
- FPE016 - Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- FPE018 - Advanced Technical Strategy
- FPE019 - Governance and Ethics
Why Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student services team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student support representatives will be on hand to answer questions around the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice around study pathways and subject selection.
There’s also an ‘Ask the Tutor’ forum where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.