In a nutshell
Do you want to make a living selling people their dream homes? Then the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307 could be the course for you. This flexible online qualification from Kaplan Professional will get you ready to apply for your NSW Real Estate Agent Licence and stay ahead in a competitive industry.
This course combines the NSW Certificate of Registration Program and the NSW Real Estate Licence Program. As part of your Certificate of Registration, you’ll gain a comprehensive overview of the NSW property industry. As part of your Real Estate Licence Program, you’ll develop in-depth knowledge of the real estate industry, including property appraisals, property sales, leasing and managing rental properties, trust accounting and managing agency finance and staff. If you’re already working at an agency, then by the end of this course, you’ll be well positioned to apply for a promotion and work as a licensee or agency manager. Alternatively, you can be your own boss and open your own agency, or manage a portfolio of rental properties.
This is an ideal qualification for anyone interested in pursuing a rewarding real estate career. It’s also an excellent choice for current property managers or sales agents keen to obtain their NSW Real Estate License.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet language, literacy and numeracy requirements. You will also require basic computing skills and have access to a computer to use Kaplan's online learning system.
In this real estate course, the subjects you may study include the below Units of Competency:
Part 1: NSW Certificate of Registration Program
- CPPDSM3019 – Communicate with clients in the property industry
- CPPDSM4007A - Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
Part 2: NSW Real Estate Licence Program
- BSBLED401A – Develop teams and individuals
- BSBRKG304 – Maintain business records
- BSBSMB406 – Manage small business records
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build agency client relationships
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work*
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work*
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4017A – Negotiate effectively in property transactions
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sales
- CPPDSM4020A – Present at tribunals
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4049A – Implement maintenance plan for managed properties
- CPPDSM4056A – Manage conflicts and disputes in the property industry
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry*
* Covered in Part 1. These units will not be provided in the material for Part 2.
Why Kaplan Professional?
Kaplan Professional is a leading provider of education in financial services and real estate. Kaplan Professional’s internationally renowned programs, personalised study experiences, flexible learning options and range of industry partners, all make them highly respected and distinguished.
Kaplan Professional offers a range of professional qualifications and provides learning solutions to 45,000 people a year. Whether you want to undertake a Certificate, Diploma or Masters, Kaplan Professional has the right course to get you where you want to go!
Kaplan Professional aim to make your learning journey as seamless as possible and have put together a student services team to assist and help you out if any challenges come up.
Student support representatives will be on hand to answer questions around the system, login and password queries, explaining processes around assessments etc., and to offer advice around study pathways and subject selection.
There’s also an ‘Ask the Tutor’ forum where you can direct questions regarding your studies to subject matter experts.