In a nutshell
Have a knack for working with kids? Passionate about helping them grow, learn and develop? Being a schoolteacher isn’t the only career path! Why not study a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30121) with Kirana?
To work in this industry, you need to have (or be working towards) an approved Cert III level qualification, so this jam-packed course is the perfect place to start. It provides you with everything you need to start your career in the early childhood sector. From learning the basics of caring for young children to nurturing their learning and development, you’ll be well-versed in all things child care and ready to seek out your dream role.
Work placement: 160 hours.
Working in early childhood education and care is fun, challenging and rewarding – and it’s also a fast-growing sector in Australia. So what are you waiting for? This could be the first step in an amazing career!
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however it is preferred that students have obtained, at minimum, a School Certificate or equivalent.
To work in this industry you must pass a Working with Children / Vulnerable People Check in the state or territory that you're planning to work in prior to work placement.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children's education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children's care and education
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ culture
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- *HLTAID012 - Provide first aid in an education and care setting
- CHCECE031 - Support children's health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with their natural environment
HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practice
CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, disability support, mental health and aged care.
Discover the freedom of studying online and the endless opportunities!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana's Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.