In a nutshell
If you’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of people who need it most, this CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services from Kirana Colleges is the first step in turning your dream into a career.
This entry-level qualification will give you the kickstart you need to make a difference in your community. Through five core units and seven electives, you’ll cover the essentials of community services work including; how to work with diverse people, follow safe work practices, respond to client needs; build communication skills, and much more – all easily accessible to you online at a click of a button.
With an increased demand for qualified professionals, if you’ve been thinking about pursuing a career in community services there’s never been a better time – enquire today!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
It is preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent.
In this community services course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS016 - Respond to client needs
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCOM002- Use communication to build relationships
- CHCCOM001- Provide first point of contact
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCCCS009 - Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, business administration and more.
Have the flexibility to study online, on campus or enjoy a blended learning experience – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.