In a nutshell
Got a passion for helping others? Want a career where you can make a difference in the lives of people in need? The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) from Kirana can help you achieve just that.
Throughout this course, you’ll gain a whole bunch of knowledge and skills that will help you provide support to people who need it. With a Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) you can improve or change their lives by providing person-centred support. This course will kickstart you on a rewarding career path, where you’ll be caring for others and giving something back to the community.
What you’ll need
There are no eligibility requirements for this course. It’s preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent.
Students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
To achieve a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) a total of 13 units of competency must be completed (seven core units and six elective units).
In this course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS001 - Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS003 - Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, disability support, mental health and aged care.
Discover the freedom of studying online and the endless opportunities!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana's Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.