In a nutshell
Got a passion for helping others? Want a career where you can make a difference in the lives of people in need? The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) from Kirana can help you achieve just that.
This course is the first step in gaining the knowledge and practical experience to work in this rapidly growing industry. You will be given a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
The practical work placement aspect of this course will give you the hands-on experience that you need to step directly into your new role.
What you’ll need
There are no eligibility requirements for this course. However, it’s preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent
Students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
To achieve a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) a total of 13 units of competency must be completed (seven core units and six elective units).
This aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid*
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
*This unit is delivered and assessed by ABC First Aid, RTO Code 3399 in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS.
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, business administration and more.
Have the flexibility to study online, on campus or enjoy a blended learning experience – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.