In a nutshell
Start a meaningful career in a rapidly growing field with no prior experience through this online Certificate IV in Disability course from Kirana Colleges.
Suited for students with no prior academic or work experience, this qualification provides the foundation skills and knowledge required to start a career supporting people living with disability. Through this course, you’ll build the skills, knowledge and practical experience required to seek work as a disability support worker — using your skills to help people live accessible and positive lives.
In this qualification you’ll learn how to support a diverse range of clients; support people in respectful and person-centred ways; and deliver integrated support that follows best practice. Your learning will be grounded in a comprehensive knowledge of the ethical and legal obligations of your field.
Delivered online for flexible learning, this course also requires a minimum of 120 hours of logged working hours with a service delivery organisation. You’ll complete this course with a nationally recognised qualification and real-world work experience — ready to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
In this disability course the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 — Provide individualised support
- CHCDIS002 — Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS005 — Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- CHCDIS007 — Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS008 — Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS009 — Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
- CHCDIS010 — Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCDIV001 — Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 — Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 — Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 — Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCADV001 — Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- HLTWHS006 — Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- BSBLDR402 — Lead effective workplace relationships
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, business administration and more.
Have the flexibility to study online, on campus or enjoy a blended learning experience – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.