In a nutshell
You’re an empathetic person seeking meaningful work where you can truly make a difference. This nationally recognised online Certificate IV in Mental Health course from Kirana Colleges is your next career step.
Designed for students with no prior academic or work experience, this qualification provides the core skills and knowledge required to start a career supporting people as they manage mental health challenges. This course will prepare you to seek work as a mental health support worker or NDIS support officer, using your skills and experience to help people thrive.
In this qualification you’ll learn how to support a diverse range of clients; support people’s own self-advocacy; and deliver care that is culturally safe, compassionate, and guided by best practice.
Delivered online for flexible learning, this course also requires a minimum of 80 hours of logged working hours with a service delivery organisation. You’ll complete this course with a nationally recognised qualification and real-world work experience — ready to make a genuine difference in the lives of your clients.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course.
In this mental health course the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV001 — Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 — Promote Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 — Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 — Establish a self-directed recovery relationship
- CHCMHS003 — Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 — Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 — Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- CHCMHS007 — Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS008 — Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 — Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- HLTWHS001 — Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS019 — Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTWHS006 — Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCCS017 — Provide loss and grief support
- CHCPRP003 — Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, business administration and more.
Have the flexibility to study online, on campus or enjoy a blended learning experience – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.