In a nutshell
Love working with kids? Passionate about making sure they have the right start in life? The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113) from Kirana is an ideal course to take your child care career to the next level.
Throughout this course, you’ll learn how to shape the lives of children by planning, implementing and managing programs in education and care services. It’s one of the most fulfilling jobs you can have: supporting and nurturing kids throughout one of the most important stages of their youth.
Not only is early childhood education and care a fun and rewarding career path, it’s also an ever-growing industry. You’ll have a range of job roles to choose from when you graduate, and you’ll be contributing to the community while doing what you love (and what you’re good at!).
What you’ll need
There are no eligibility requirements for this course. However, students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 - Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 - Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 - Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 - Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 - Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 - Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 - Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCINM002 - Meet community information needs
- CHCMGT003 - Lead the work team
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBINN502 - Build and sustain an innovative work
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Education! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Education has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, business administration and more.
Have the flexibility to study online, on campus or enjoy a blended learning experience – the choice is yours and the opportunities are endless!
Kirana Education is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: