In a nutshell
Looking for a two-in-one deal to kickstart your aged care career? The Dual Certificate III in Individual Support (CHHC33015) and Certificate IV in Ageing Support (CHC43015) from Kirana will save you time and money, getting you on the path to the workforce sooner!
If you’re passionate about helping others and want a career that really makes a difference, this dual qualification is perfect for you. Throughout the course, you’ll gain key skills and learn the basics of providing support to ageing people who need it. The industry is all about person-centred support, which you’ll learn to deliver while empowering and improving the lives of your clients.
The nursing support and personal care industry is one of the fastest-growing in Australia, so you’ll be spoilt for choice with career options once you graduate. And with the great set of skills you’ve acquired, you’ll be able to give back to the community and make a real difference in the lives of others.
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this course, however it is preferred that students have obtained a minimum School Certificate or equivalent.
Students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
This course requires 140 hours of work placement within an approved facility which will allow you to complete a range of relevant work tasks.
In this aged care course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- CHCAGE003 - Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004 - Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
A minimum of 140 hours to be completed across both qualifications, with placement to commence in the second half of your program of study.
Why Kirana Colleges?
Get the skills and can-do attitude that employees are looking for when you get qualified with Kirana Colleges! They have a commitment to delivering work-ready courses and training to ensure students thrive and succeed.
Since its beginning in 2009, Kirana Colleges has grown to offer over 50 qualifications ranging from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas. Their in-demand courses offer a platform to launch a career in childhood education and care, community services, disability support, mental health and aged care.
Discover the freedom of studying online and the endless opportunities!
Kirana Colleges is all about providing their students with a positive and supportive learning experience, which is why they’ve developed the Student Assistance Program (SAP). SAP is a confidential and free counselling service which includes a dedicated 24/7 hotline and free counselling sessions (available in person or via Skype) to help keep your mental health and wellbeing on track.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana's Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.
Got a question or concern about your studies? Get help when you speak to an academic VET teacher on Kirana’s Student Support Hotline or send an email to Student Support.