In a nutshell
The IT industry is ever-growing, but there’s a skills shortage in one particular sector: cloud technology services. The Associate Degree of Applied Cloud Technology from La Trobe University is part of a degree program that aims to fill that gap – and it could be just the qualification you need to kick off your IT career!
This course is part of a purpose-built nested degree program created by La Trobe, Amazon Web Services and Didasko. You will commence the Bachelor of Applied Cloud Technology program and have the option to exit after two successful years of study with an Associate Degree – a qualification that will open up a number of IT industry doors to you.
Throughout this fully online course, you’ll cover all the basics of ‘the cloud’, from database and programming fundamentals to network engineering and information systems. You’ll then move onto more specific subjects like virtualisation, cloud app development, operating systems and machine learning. By the time you graduate, you’ll be ready to start your career and fill one of those gaps in the cloud services sector!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25; OR
- An equivalent academic level achievement; OR
- Work experience after leaving school
- Two years if completing a business degree
- One year if completing an IT degree; AND
- All students are required to undergo the online Didasko Pre-enrolment Assessment and achieve a pass mark of 60%.
In this IT course, the subjects you may study include:
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Cloud Foundations
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals on the Cloud
- Information Systems
- Network Engineering Fundamentals
- Intermediate Object-Oriented Programming
- Sustainability Practices
- Virtualisation for the Cloud
- Application Development in the Cloud
- Operating Systems
- Managing Projects in the Cloud
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Machine Learning
- Vendor Certification
Why La Trobe University Online (Delivered by Didasko)?
La Trobe University and Didasko have partnered to bring you the most respected online qualifications in Australia.
Graduate with an applied degree in IT and join over 35,000 students who have been taught by some of the best, or opt to undertake an applied degree in business and gain a variety of new skills that you can apply just about anywhere.
Whatever you study, La Trobe-Didasko is committed to offering students an engaging, flexible and practical learning experience with their 100% online curriculum. This means you can enjoy the ease of studying at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
Studying with La Trobe means you’ll have access to support staff and academic teams who will not only guide you through your studies, but also help you get job-ready.
You’ve got the qualification, now what? Their Career Support Centre will help you conquer your career goals and land your dream job... they’ll even help you prepare a standout CV and cover letter!