In a nutshell
Technology makes the world go around, and with an Associate Degree of Applied Information Technology from La Trobe University, a whole world of career opportunities will be available to you.
Throughout this online course, you’ll complete numerous IT industry Vendor Certifications and develop a sound base of information technology skills and knowledge. From database and network engineering fundamentals to programming, project management and app development, you’ll learn everything you need to pursue a challenging and fulfilling IT career.
When you study with La Trobe, you can achieve your qualification in just two full-time years of study. By enrolling in the Bachelor of Applied Information Technology, you can graduate after two years with an Associate Degree and the industry-certified skills you need to land a great position.
So if you’re ready to make the commitment to your IT career, why not enquire about this course today?
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25; OR
- An equivalent academic level achievement; OR
- One year of work experience after leaving school; AND
- All students are required to undergo the online Didasko Pre-enrolment Assessment and achieve a pass mark of 60%.
In this information technology course, the subjects you may study include:
- Information Systems
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Programming Environment
- Sustainability Practices in Information Technology
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology A
- Database Fundamentals
- Internet Client Engineering
- Network Engineering Fundamentals
- Mobile Application Development with Android
- Operating Systems
- Project Management
- Virtualisation in Computing
- Computer Networks
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology E
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology F
- Information Systems Development
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Intermediate Object-Oriented Programming
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology B
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology C
- Vendor Certification for Information Technology D
Why La Trobe University Online (Delivered by Didasko)?
La Trobe University and Didasko have partnered to bring you the most respected online qualifications in Australia.
Graduate with an applied degree in IT and join over 35,000 students who have been taught by some of the best, or opt to undertake an applied degree in business and gain a variety of new skills that you can apply just about anywhere.
Whatever you study, La Trobe-Didasko is committed to offering students an engaging, flexible and practical learning experience with their 100% online curriculum. This means you can enjoy the ease of studying at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
Studying with La Trobe means you’ll have access to support staff and academic teams who will not only guide you through your studies, but also help you get job-ready.
You’ve got the qualification, now what? Their Career Support Centre will help you conquer your career goals and land your dream job... they’ll even help you prepare a standout CV and cover letter!