In a nutshell
Cloud technology has transformed the IT industry in recent years. The rapid growth of ‘the cloud’ has made it clear that cloud-based systems are the way of the future for business around the globe. But there’s a critical skills shortage in this area of the industry, and cloud services professionals are more in-demand than ever.
That’s where the Bachelor of Applied Cloud Technology from La Trobe University comes in! This purpose-built course, a collaboration between La Trobe, Amazon Web Services and Didasko, aims to prepare students to fill that gap in the industry and pursue cutting-edge careers in cloud computing.
Throughout this online course, you’ll develop a knowledge base and skillset across multiple areas, including information systems, web and software development, databases, cloud enterprise app development and enterprise cloud migration. Over three years of full-time study, you’ll gain six highly regarded industry certifications, graduating ready to apply for in-demand roles in the IT industry and kickstart your career.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25; OR
- An equivalent academic level achievement; OR
- Work experience after leaving school
- Two years if completing a business degree
- One year if completing an IT degree; AND
- All students are required to undergo the online Didasko Pre-enrolment Assessment and achieve a pass mark of 60%.
In this IT course, the subjects you may study include:
- Information Technology Fundamentals
- Cloud Foundations
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Database Fundamentals on the Cloud
- Information Systems
- Network Engineering Fundamentals
- Intermediate Object-Oriented Programming
- Sustainability Practices
- Virtualisation for the Cloud
- Application Development in the Cloud
- Operating Systems
- Managing Projects in the Cloud
- Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Machine Learning
- Vendor Certification
- Industry Project for Cloud Technology 3A
- Industry Project for Cloud Technology 3B
- Professional Environment
- Architecting on the Cloud
- System Operations on the Cloud
- Big Data on the Cloud
- Third-year level elective
- Private Cloud Solutions
Why La Trobe University Online (Delivered by Didasko)?
La Trobe University and Didasko have partnered to bring you the most respected online qualifications in Australia.
Graduate with an applied degree in IT and join over 35,000 students who have been taught by some of the best, or opt to undertake an applied degree in business and gain a variety of new skills that you can apply just about anywhere.
Whatever you study, La Trobe-Didasko is committed to offering students an engaging, flexible and practical learning experience with their 100% online curriculum. This means you can enjoy the ease of studying at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
Studying with La Trobe means you’ll have access to support staff and academic teams who will not only guide you through your studies, but also help you get job-ready.
You’ve got the qualification, now what? Their Career Support Centre will help you conquer your career goals and land your dream job... they’ll even help you prepare a standout CV and cover letter!