In a nutshell
The Bachelor of Applied Information Technology, offered by La Trobe University, provides a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in information technology, as well as the opportunity to explore focus areas such as information systems, software development, computer networks and web development.
In the first year of the course, students focus on the fundamentals of IT, including programming, databases and internet client/network engineering. Then you’ll move on to more specialised areas, such as app development, operating systems, project management, computer science mathematics, and various industry projects.
Delivered by Didasko, this course combines online study with early entry into the workforce, providing students with essential IT industry certifications.
With a Bachelor of Applied Information Technology, you'll gain a strong foundation of IT knowledge
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have basic computer skills; AND
- Provide a copy of your Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (year 12 certificate); OR
- If you don’t have a year 12 certificate, you must be assessed as displaying a required level of competence in both reading and numeracy. Upon discussion with a Careers Consultant you will be provided with a link and access to an Pre-enrolment Assessment which you must complete; AND
- If you are not at least 18 years of age, parental consent will be required by completing an appropriate form.
In this IT course, the subjects you may study include:
- CSE1ISX - Information Systems
- CSE1ITX - Information Technology Fundamentals
- CSE1PGX - Programming Environment
- CSE1STX - Sustainability Practices in Information Technology
- CSE1VAX - Vendor Certification for Information Technology A
- CSE2DBX - Database Fundamentals
- CSE2ICX - Internet Client Engineering
- CSE2NFX - Network Engineering Fundamentals
- CSE2MAX - Mobile application development with Android
- CSE2OSX - Operating Systems
- CSE2PMX - Project Management
- CSE2VIX - Virtualization in computing
- CSE2CNX - Computer Networks
- CSE2DMX - Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science
- CSE2VEX - Vendor certification for information technology E
- CSE2VFX - Vendor certification for information technology F
- CSE2SDX - Information Systems Development
- CSE1OFX - Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- CSE1IOX - Intermediate Object-Oriented Programming
- CSE2BVX - Vendor certification for information technology B
- CSE2CVX - Vendor certification for information technology C
- CSE2DVX - Vendor certification for information technology D
- CSE3PAX - Industry project 3A
- CSE3PBX - Industry project 3B
- CSE3PEX - Professional Environment
Why La Trobe University?
Learn with one of Australia’s pioneers in education, La Trobe University and trust over 50 years of experience!
Graduate with an applied degree in IT and join over 35,000 students who have been taught by some of the best, or opt to undertake an applied degree in business and gain a variety of new skills that you can apply just about anywhere.
Whatever you study, La Trobe are committed to offering students an engaging, flexible and practical learning experience with their 100% online curriculum. This means you can enjoy the ease of studying at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
As La Trobe’s motto would say, “whoever seeks shall find”, so discovering a new career can be just a click away.
Studying with La Trobe means you’ll have access to support staff and academic teams who will not only guide you through your studies, but also help you get job-ready.
You’ve got the qualification, now what? Their Career Support Centre will help you conquer your career goals and land your dream job... they’ll even help you prepare a standout CV and cover letter!