About this course
The Bachelor of Business (Tourism) from Martin Higher Education will provide you with a broad understanding of the skills required to work within the tourism and travel sector.
This course will provide you with the practical and theoretical knowledge to excel within the competitive tourism industry. Students will learn the fundamentals of tourism policy and strategy, tourism management and development, travel and tour, ecotourism, regional, cultural, sports and event tourism operations.
You’ll also gain a more general understanding of business fundamentals such as marketing, management, human resource management, business law, economics and accounting.
Prefer to study this course on campus? Face-to-face study is available at the following locations:
- Sydney – 815-825 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Brisbane – 269 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane Queensland 4006
- Western Sydney – 10 Parkview Dr, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or equivalent; AND
- Be 18 years of age or over; OR
- Apply for mature age entry (aged 21 or over) with relevant work experience; OR
- Have successfully completed of a relevant diploma
An applicant may apply for assessment and recognition of their prior learning.
In this business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Introduction to management
- Introduction to marketing
- Information management systems
- Introduction to business law
- Introduction to accounting
- Effective business communication
- Introduction to HRM
- Economics for business
- Introduction to travel and tourism
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Tourism management and development
- Travel and tourism operations
- Cultural awareness
- Understanding and using research
- Strategic management
- Environmental/sustainable practice
- Sports and special event tourism
- Regional tourism
- Tourism policy and strategy
- Professional industry engagement
Plus four elective units
Why Martin Higher Education?
For 35 years Martin has been educating Australians. Martin Higher Education was borne out of this nationally respected brand. Martin Higher Education focuses on delivering hands on, career-focused degrees. A choice between on-campus and online study ensures there’s a learning model for everyone. Each qualification has been designed to cover foundation business topics before moving onto a specialist elective stream. Graduates will have a strong understanding of business drivers and principles to ensure they graduate job-ready. Thanks to an expansive network of industry partners, Martin Higher Education also offers students the opportunity to undertake a professional placement to supercharge their careers. Martin Higher Education is a registered higher education provider with the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), offering TEQSA-accredited courses at undergraduate level.
Sydney – 815-825 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Brisbane – 269 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane QLD 4006
Western Sydney – 10 Parkview Dr, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Martin HE provides a supportive, flexible learning environment with a range of student support services to ensure students have the right tools to successfully engage with their studies. Expert academic staff facilitate one-on-one feedback sessions and a variety of other learning support. All students also receive access to an online learning platform that houses all content, interactive learning resources and features support tutorials.