In a nutshell
If you love working with young children in an educational setting, and would like to turn this love into a rewarding career, then this CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care from Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) could be the ideal qualification to get you started.
This course offers a comprehensive program that will ensure that you gain all the essential skills and knowledge to start working and performing confidently in the childcare industry. It covers a range of crucial topics, including child development, safety and nutrition, and communication with parents and caregivers.
With a focus on hands-on experience and practical training, graduates of this course are well-equipped to enter the workforce as confident and competent childcare professionals. The course features 160 hours of practical work placement at an approved children’s service which will give you the practical experience you need to hit the ground running in any childcare role.
This course is covered by the Victorian Government’s Skills First Funding Program and eligible students will be able to study this course with low fees. Please enquire to see if you qualify for this government funding.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements to enrol in this course, the following must be met:
- Language literacy and numeracy: AQF Level 2 minimum;
- Digital literacy: access to a computer or smart device and the internet to complete your studies;
- Availability: one day a week for 5 hours, ability to undertake 160 hours placement at a regulated children's service.
While completing the CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from MCFE, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTAID012 - Provide first aid in an education and care setting
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE038 - Inform practice
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the environment
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
- BSBTWK301 - Use inclusive work practices
Why Melbourne College of Further Education?
Established over 20 years ago, Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) is a highly regarded and well-respected government-registered training organisation (RTO). Headquartered in Melbourne, with a range of training sites throughout the city and suburbs, MCFE prides itself on their history of successfully providing quality education and training for thousands of past students.
Whether you’re studying in classroom or online, MCFE offers top-of-the-line facilities, inspiring trainers with plenty of industry experience and excellent student support that will ensure a great experience and optimum chance of success for all students in all their courses.
Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) provides comprehensive student support services to help students achieve their academic and personal goals. MCFE has a team of experienced student support staff who are dedicated to helping students overcome any challenges they may face during their studies.
The college provides a range of support services including academic support, career guidance, counselling, and disability services. MCFE also offers a range of resources such as workshops, online resources, and study groups to help students improve their academic performance. The college's commitment to student support ensures that students have access to the resources they need to succeed in their studies and beyond.