In a nutshell
Discover the fundamentals of working in the challenging and rewarding aged care industry when you sign up for the Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) (CHC33015) delivered by MCIE.
This course will give you a range of skills suitable for support roles in a residential or community care environment. You will learn how to provide individualised support, work ethically and legally within a health or community services environment, and follow safe work practices.
Learn from skilled trainers who will get you equipped with the right skills and knowledge to provide effective client care. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as giving back to the community by caring for our elders while helping them maintain their independence.
To successfully complete this course, you must undertake 120 hours of hands-on work placement.
What you’ll need
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however, you will need to go through a pre-training review process to determine if you are suitable for this course.
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 - Provide home and community support services
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Why Melbourne City Institute of Education?
Discover a career that really makes a difference and achieve your education goals with help and guidance from the widely recognised, Melbourne City Institute of Education (MCIE).
Their industry renowned training courses have earned them a host of awards and have seen countless students achieve success in community services, aged care and more. When you study with MCIE you’ll not only get the theory side down pat, but their state-of-the-art facility and custom designed training rooms will give you all the hands-on skills you need.
Discover the MCIE difference today!
MCIE is committed to supporting their students throughout every step of their learning journey, which is why they’ve set up a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator, available 24/7 to assist you with whatever you need at any time of day. Their support services will help you around finding job opportunities, accommodation needs and ensuring your general health and wellbeing is on track.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: