In a nutshell
Study this Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) to validate your bookkeeping skills or kick-start your career in accounting.
Delivered online by Mentor Education, this diploma course is the educational requirement for anyone looking to become an accountant, registered tax agent, registered BAS agent or tax (financial) advisor, as set out by the Tax Agent Services Regulations 2009.
During this course, you will gain a broad understanding of bookkeeping and accounting processes, including managing budgets and forecasts, preparing financial reports and tax documents and using accrual accounting systems.
What you’ll need
There are no prerequisites for this course; anyone can apply.
- FNSACC501 – Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC502 – Prepare tax documents for individuals *
- FNSACC503 – Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC504 – Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC506 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC507 – Provide management accounting information
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSBKG402 – Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- FNSBKG403 – Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
* Units included in the Tax Practitioners Board approved course in Australian taxation law
Why Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.