In a nutshell
The online Diploma of Financial Planning (FNS50615), offered by Mentor Education, is the ideal standard entry point for a career in finance. In this industry-endorsed program, you will learn all of the technical knowledge and skills required to conduct yourself as a professional financial planner.
As the minimum RG146 entry requirement, the course will guide you through the fundamentals of the financial planning process and introduce you to the skillset required to be able to identify risk profiles and plan strategies to meet a range of objectives. You will also be guided through materials covering investment planning, superannuation and insurance, to ensure that you are authorised to provide advice to retail clients, in line with Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) requirements.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however it is strongly recommended that applicants have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy.
In this financial planning course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSASICZ503 – Provide advice in financial planning
- FNSFPL501 – Comply with financial planning practice ethical and operational guidelines and regulations
- FNSFPL502 – Conduct financial planning analysis and research
- FNSFPL503 – Develop and prepare financial plan
- FNSFPL504 – Implement financial plan
- FNSFPL505 – Review financial plans and provide ongoing service
- FNSFPL506 – Determine client financial requirements and expectations
- FNSINC401 – Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- FNSFPL507 – Provide financial planning advice
- FNSFPL508 – Conduct complex financial planning research
- FNSIAD501 – Provide appropriate services, advice and products to clients
- FNSINC501 – Conduct product research to support recommendations
- FNSCUS505 – Determine client requirements and expectations
- FNSASICU503 – Provide advice in superannuation
- FNSASICX503 – Provide advice in life insurance
- FNSASICT503 – Provide advice in Managed Investments
- FNSASICW503 – Provide advice in Securities
- FNSFMK502 – Analyse financial market products for client
- FNSFMK503 – Advise clients on financial risk
- FNSCUS506 – Record and implement client instructions
Why Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.