In a nutshell
Lead teams and help businesses succeed with the skills built in this unique dual Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) and Diploma of Business Administration (BSB50415) course from Mentor Education.
Designed for students seeking the skills and knowledge required for a professional career in team or business leadership, this foundation course is suitable both for students new to the field of management and for those already working in related roles. In this course, you’ll have the opportunity to build core skills in leadership and management, and graduate with both the confidence and a nationally recognised qualification to seek work as a business manager, team leader, or operations manager.
This course covers key business concepts, including team leadership, administrative systems, operational planning, continuous improvement, risk management and workforce planning. With a self-paced, online delivery, unlimited email and phone student support, and the option to participate in guided online tutorials, this course will help you build sought-after professional skills without interrupting your life.
If you’re an organised person who likes making things happen, this qualification could help you turn your talents into a rewarding professional career.
What you’ll need
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. Mentor Education recommends that students taking this course:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement; AND
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent; AND
- Have an understanding or are willing to gain an understanding of business plan creation and development.
Students must also have strong computer skills, adequate literary and numeracy skills, access to Microsoft Office, and access to a reliable internet connection.
In this leadership course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBLDR511 — Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517— Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 — Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 — Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBFIM501— Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT502 — Manage people performance
- BSBMGT516 — Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBRSK501 — Manage risk
- BSBHRM513 — Manage workforce planning
- BSBWRK510 — Manage employee relations
- BSBWOR501 — Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBPMG522 — Undertake project work
- BSBADM503 — Plan and manage conferences
- BSBADM504 — Plan and implement administrative systems
- BSBADM506 — Manage business document design and development
- BSBFIM502 — Manage payroll
Why Mentor Education?
Mentor Education is one of Australia’s leading RG146 compliance training providers for the financial services industry. By specialising exclusively in this field of training, Mentor is able to focus on delivering professional development courses of the highest quality. Thanks to their flexible delivery options, you can complete a nationally recognised qualification in financial planning entirely online, and without disrupting your career. Take advantage of Mentor Education’s long-standing industry reputation and commitment to ongoing professional development by enquiring about a course today.
As a student of Mentor Education, you’ll receive access to an experienced financial adviser Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm by telephone and email, so you’re always assured of timely feedback and assistance.
Students of this program will also benefit from complementary inclusion of Mentor Education’s Career Pathway Program. This comprehensive suite of career-building tools includes a 12-month professional development subscription, association membership and regular updates on industry news and events.