About this course
Get your start in a growing industry or add to your existing business skill set with this comprehensive Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (FNS40215).
You’ll receive training in the basics of bookkeeping, including managing cash flow, preparing reports, processing financial transactions, maintaining inventory records, managing payroll and preparing financial statements.
Discover what it’s like to study bookkeeping at Monarch Institute
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this bookkeeping course, the units of competency you may study include:
- FNSBKG401 – Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities
- FNSBKG404 – Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSINC401 – Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC404 – Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406 – Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC405 – Maintain inventory records
- FNSBKG402 – Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- FNSBKG403 – Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
- FNSACC302 – Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus on practical application. Courses are designed by industry experts who use real-life case studies to illustrate abstract concepts and give students the skills to succeed in the real world. The institute regularly consults with accounting, bookkeeping, financial planning and business industry practitioners to ensure that course materials reflect industry needs. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, Monarch Institute will support your learning journey by helping you gain valuable industry insights to enhance your employability.
Melbourne – Level 10, 10-16 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney – 19-35 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
Brisbane – 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Perth – 140 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.