In a nutshell
Are you interested in learning programming but don’t know where to start? Or maybe your workplace has asked you to help with their next big web development project?
Monarch’s Certificate IV in Information Technology (ICT40120) might be right for you. Built by IT professionals and experts, our course will give you everything you need to get started in the IT industry.
You’ll learn how to do client-side web development, different programming languages and how to ‘speak’ them, how to develop important quality assurance and cyber security processes, and more. You’ll also receive full access to Pluralsight, letting you develop your skills even further. Monarch’s IT trainer will be there to support you at every step of the way. You’ll love studying IT with Monarch.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
Module 1 - Work Effectively in the IT Industry
- ICTICT443 - Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- ICTICT451 - Comply with IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTICT426 - Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and practices
- BSBCRT404 - Apply advanced critical thinking to work processes
Module 2 - Client-side development
- ICTWEB450 - Evaluate and select a web hosting service
- ICTWEB432 - Design website layouts
- ICTWEB452 - Create a markup language document
- ICTWEB431 - Create and style simple markup language documents
Module 3 - Enhancing a website
- ICTWEB441 - Produce basic client-side script
- ICTWEB433 - Confirm accessibility of websites
- ICTWEB443 - Implement search engine optimisations
- ICTWEB434 - Transfer content to websites
Module 4 - Programming basics
- ICTPRG302 - Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTPRG437 -Build a user interface
- ICTPRG430 - Apply introductory object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG440 - Apply introductory programming skills in different languages
Module 5 - Managing quality
- ICTICT449 - Use version control systems in development environments
- ICTPRG433 - Test software developments
- BSBXSC404 - Contribute to cyber security risk management
- ICTSAS432 - Identify and resolve client ICT problems
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields.
Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them.
Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank.
With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.