In a nutshell
Gain sought-after expertise in financial matters with this Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) from Monarch Institute.
Learn from skilled professionals including senior CPA and chartered accountants, as well as registered BAS agents and bookkeepers who combined, have decades of experience. During this course, you’ll cover financial reporting, management accounting, budgeting, financial performance, internal controls, and taxation. There’s also an optional Tax Agent Certification module acts as a key step towards becoming a registered Tax Agent in Australia and is approved by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
Graduate with the confidence and the professional skills required to tackle your next career goal.
Meet the accounting trainers at Monarch Institute
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, you’ll need:
- Certificate IV in Accounting or a bookkeeping; OR
- FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set which includes the following units:
FNSACC311 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC312 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC416 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSTPB402 - Establish and maintain payroll systems
FNSTPB401 - Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
FNSACC408 - Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this accounting course, the subject you may study include:
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC514 - Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC412 - Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC513 - Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC517 - Provide management accounting information
- FNSINC601 - Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- FNSACC511 - Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC516 - Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSINC401 - Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- FNSACC512 - Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC601 - Prepare and administer tax documentation for legal entities
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields.
Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them.
Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank.
With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.