In a nutshell
Do you want to learn how to build a website but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’ve been building websites for years but don’t have the qualification to back up your skills?
Monarch’s Diploma of Information Technology ICT50220 might be right for you. Built by IT professionals and experts, our course will give you everything you need to get started in the IT industry.
You’ll learn how to do back-end and front-end web development, how to develop important quality assurance and cyber security processes, IT team management and more. You’ll also receive full access to Pluralsight, letting you develop your skills even further. Monarch’s IT trainer will be there to support you at every step of the way.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
Module 1 - Foundation Skills
- ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 - Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- BSBCRT512 - Originate and develop concepts
- ICTICT530 - Design user experience solutions
Module 2 - Client-side development
- ICTWEB522 - Develop website information architecture
- ICTWEB452 - Create a markup language document
- ICTWEB519 - Develop complex web page layouts
- ICTWEB520 - Develop complex cascading style sheets
Module 3 - Dynamic website development
- ICTWEB441 - Produce basic client-side script
- ICTWEB518 - Build a document using extensible markup language
- ICTWEB451 - Apply structured query language in relational databases
- ICTWEB513 - Build dynamic websites
Module 4 - Website services
- ICTDBS507 - Integrate databases with websites
- ICTWEB514 - Create dynamic web pages
- ICTPRG554 - Manage data persistence using noSQL data stores
- ICTPRG553 - Create and develop REST APIs
Module 5 - Web development team skills
- ICTSAS527 - Manage client problems
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- ICTWEB525 - Implement quality assurance processes for websites
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields.
Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them.
Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank.
With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.