In a nutshell
Open a pathway to practising psychology with this flexible online Graduate Diploma of Psychology Advanced course from Monash Online.
A rigorous, research-led course, this accredited qualification enables you to undertake specialised graduate psychology training, and offers you an opportunity to register as a provisional psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia. With this qualification, you’re eligible to undertake specialised professional graduate training in psychology or enter a two-year internship program, which culminates in your general registration as a psychologist.
With a strong focus on the science and practice of psychology, this course will provide you with a comprehensive foundation of psychological knowledge and analytical skills. Through your coursework and research, you’ll study psychological assessment and intervention, the ethics of psychology, research methods and statistics, and perspectives in clinical and developmental neuroscience. You’ll also have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge with a nominated research project, which you will complete in a 100 per cent online mode with supervision by one of Monash’s research experts.
This course will deepen your understanding of human behaviour and, if you don’t choose to undertake further study in psychology, will enable you to work professionally in a wide range of industries, including in education, counselling, and sales and marketing – enhancing your professional skillset and opening up your career path.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- successful completion of a bachelor's degree with a major in psychology or a graduate diploma in psychology, such as the Monash Online Graduate Diploma in Psychology,
- accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC),
- with at least a distinction (70%) average across second and third year psychology units (including psychology electives); or across all psychology graduate diploma units excluding any foundational units.
- These qualifications must have been completed within the last 10 years.
Applications with international qualifications will need to have their qualifications assessed by the Australian Psychological Society. Minimum English language requirements also apply.
In this psychology course, the subjects you may study include:
- Ethical and professional issues in psychology
- Psychological assessment and intervention
- Psychology in industry – pathways to employment
- Psychology research project – statistics and research design for professional psychology
- Psychology research project – literature review
- Psychology research project – methodology and data collection
- Psychology research project – research report
- Perspectives in clinical and developmental neuroscience
- 21st-century applications of psychology
Why Monash University?
Monash University offers its students a unique learning opportunity with their accelerated online courses. Receive a premier experience with their personalised and interactive online courses in health, psychology and technology.
Undertake an online course and receive full access to instructors, fellow students, and dedicated tools including discussion forums and live video chat. With over 280,000 graduates and a ranking in the top 1% of the world’s universities (Times Higher Education Learning 2016-’17), Monash University is widely recognised and renowned as innovators of education.
As a student of Monash University online, you’ll be able to access their study planner tool, which will aid you with your time management and act as your personalised study timetable.
Their simple to navigate online courses makes online learning as seamless as possible, plus there’ll be a personalised support team available to guide you throughout your learning journey.
Exchange ideas, receive feedback and generate opportunities by connecting with
instructors and peers in real time.