In a nutshell
Take a decisive role in shaping solutions to some of the world’s biggest health problems with this rewarding Master of Public Health from Monash Online. With a strong focus on experiential learning, this course ensures you graduate with the practical skills, relevant experience and personal insights required to lead real change at a local, national or even international level.
Australia’s growing population is increasing pressure on our health care system, and now more than ever we need skilled leaders to shape its future. With the skills provided in this dynamic online course, you’ll enhance your abilities to lead change in your current workplace, or create an opportunity for yourself to influence change from the top down in health policy strategy and management.
You’ll learn both the science of health and its strategic management, studying units covering disease epidemiology and statistics, public health systems and processes, and regulatory and legislative health frameworks. You’ll also build a strong understanding of the contextual challenges facing the health system, ensuring you graduate with the knowledge and abilities required to lead much- needed development.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (1) with at least a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60% or an equivalent GPA as determined by the Faculty and a minimum of two years of relevant work experience; OR
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline includes – medical, nursing, allied health, other health-related degree eg chiropractic, psychology, public health, environmental health, paramedic, imaging (radiology, nuclear medicine), biomedical engineering, dietetics/nutrition, pharmacy, social work, medical science/biomedical science/immunology, health science, laboratory science, science, and health economics; or in a non-related discipline, e.g. education, law, media, IT, journalism, communications, arts; AND
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Relevant Work Experience or statement from employer to substantiate period of employment
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- Health systems and policy
- Biostatistics: concepts and applications
- Epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Leading and managing in public health and health care
- Epidemiology: concepts and applications
- Evaluation in public health
- Introduction to health law principles
- Developing health systems
- Occupational health and safety
- Introduction to environmental health
- Challenges in public health
- Epidemiology of chronic disease
Why Monash University?
Monash University offers its students a unique learning opportunity with their 100% online courses. Receive a premier experience with their personalised and interactive online courses in health, psychology and technology.
Undertake an online course and receive full access to instructors, fellow students, and dedicated tools including discussion forums and live video chat. With over 280,000 graduates and a ranking in the top 1% of the world’s universities (Times Higher Education Learning 2016-’17), Monash University is widely recognised and renowned as innovators of education.
As a student of Monash Online, you’ll be able to access their study planner tool, which will aid you with your time management and act as your personalised study timetable.
Their simple to navigate online courses makes online learning as seamless as possible, plus you'll have a personal Student Success Advisor to guide you throughout your learning journey.
Exchange ideas, receive feedback and generate opportunities by connecting with instructors and peers in real time.