In a nutshell
Dedicating your life to helping little ones develop skills, improve their wellbeing and become competent learners must be one of the most rewarding vocations out there!
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) from Nepean Industry Edge Training is a great first step to take towards a career in working with children. The course will help you acquire the fundamental knowledge and skills of working with young children in early childhood settings.
This qualification covers topics including children’s health and safety, learning frameworks, working with babies, and more. Put your classroom knowledge into action with 180 hours of practical placement.
Through a fun, dynamic, flexible and supportive learning environment, you will develop the confidence you need to succeed and embark a rewarding career.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
In order to complete a practical placement, students must have a minimum a volunteer Working with Children Check.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 - Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 - Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in work health and safety
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCECE006 - Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCECE012 - Support children to connect to their world
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: