In a nutshell
Help make the later years of someone’s life more comfortable, enjoyable and engaging. Learn how to care for older adults with the CHC33021 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing & Disability) from Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET).
With onsite training at aged care facilities, this qualification will equip you with in-demand skills and provides an in-depth look at the behind the scenes of working in the aged care or disability industries.
Topics you’ll study range from how to follow individualised care and support plans for older patients, dementia and palliative care, to independence and wellbeing and understanding the legal and ethical responsibilities of aged care and disability support work. Plus get hands-on experience and develop your skills in the workplace with 120 hours of practical placement.
Aged Care & Disability Support are diverse branches of health care and this qualification can open up many career opportunities in these sectors where demand is rapidly rising due to Australia’s ageing population. Enquire today to get started sooner.
Potential students must commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week of study and attend onsite at NIET’s Frankston campus or via flexible delivery.
Government funding available: this course is subsidised through Victorian Government’s Skills First program, and eligible students can have a large portion of their fees covered through the program. Please enquire to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites to study this course at NIET but there are some requirements you should know about:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria;
- If you're doing this course part-time, you must commit to at least 8 hours of study per week;
- If you're doing this course full-time, you must commit to at least 16 hours of study per week;
- This course does not require a computer and is not conducted online.
In this individual support course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS015 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: