In a nutshell
If you possess a naturally high degree of compassion and are looking for a rewarding career based on helping people within your community, then this CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualification from Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) could be just the thing you’re looking for.
This course will equip you with all the crucial skills and knowledge required to become an effective aged care professional, and will ensure your success in any of the many roles available in this sector. The course will give you essential knowledge such as how to facilitate the interests and rights of clients, how to implement interventions with older people at risk, how to address the needs of people with chronic disease, how to deliver care services using a palliative approach and how to support clients’ independence and well-being amongst others.
This course also involves 120 hours of supervised work placement with an approved service provider which will allow you to complete a range of applicable work tasks and gain crucial practical experience.
NIET offer this course with 2 classes a week at their Frankston campus or flexible delivery of 5 hours per week (self-paced).
Government funding available: this course is subsidised through Victorian Government’s Skills First program, and eligible students can have a large portion of their fees covered through the program. Please enquire to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites to study this course at NIET but there are some requirements you should know about:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria;
- If you're doing this course part-time, you must commit to at least 8 hours of study per week;
- If you're doing this course full-time, you must commit to at least 16 hours of study per week;
- This course does not require a computer and is not conducted online.
While completing the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualification from NIET, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCCCS011 - Meet personal support needs (Core)
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance (Core)
- CHCAGE004 - Implement interventions with older people at risk (Core)
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (Core)
- CHCADV001 - Facilitate the interests and rights of clients (Core)
- CHCCCS006 - Facilitate individual service planning and delivery (Core)
- CHCAGE003 - Coordinate services for older people (Core)
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care (Core)
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships (Elective)
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems (Core)
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status (Elective)
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people (Core)
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and well-being (Core)
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia (Core)
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people (Core)
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families (Core)
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach (Core)
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices (Elective)
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports (Additional)
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: