In a nutshell
If you have a passion for enriching the lives of people in need within your community and enjoy being creative, then this CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health from Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) is an ideal course for you to consider. This nationally recognised qualification is designed to equip individuals with the necessary skills and knowledge to create, execute, and assess health and leisure activities and programs that cater to the needs of clients across the Age Care, Disability Support and Community Care sectors.
You will learn crucial industry skills such as how to recognise healthy body systems, how to work effectively in the leisure and health industries, how to participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs and how to work with diverse people. This course also involves 120 hours of practical work placement, designed to give you real life experience of the industry.
This course does require attendance at NIET’s campus in Frankston. There is no online-only version of the course.
Government funding available: this course is subsidised through Victorian Government’s Skills First program, and eligible students can have a large portion of their fees covered through the program. Please enquire to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites to study this course at NIET but there are some requirements you should know about:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria;
- If you're doing this course part-time, you must commit to at least 8 hours of study per week;
- If you're doing this course full-time, you must commit to at least 16 hours of study per week;
- This course does not require a computer and is not conducted online.
While completing the CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health qualification from Nepean Industry Edge Training, you may study the following subjects:
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care (Core)
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships (Core)
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems (additional unit for leisure and health) (Additional)
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status (Core)
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people (Core)
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and well-being (Elective)
- CHCAGE005 - Provide support to people living with dementia (Elective)
- CHCAGE001 - Facilitate the empowerment of older people (Elective)
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families (Elective)
- CHCPAL001 - Deliver care services using a palliative approach (Elective)
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices (Elective)
- CHCDIS002 - Follow established person-centred behaviour supports (Elective)
- CHCLAH001 - Work effectively in the leisure and health industries (Core)
- CHCLAH002 - Contribute to leisure and health programming (Core)
- CHCLAH003 - Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs (Core)
- CHCLAH004 - Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs (Core)
- CHCLAH005 - Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming (Core)
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice (Core)
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: