In a nutshell
Great early childhood educators play an incredible role in the lives of young children. They introduce them to the exciting world of learning, nurture their wellbeing and help them establish a foundation for their successful future.
If you love kids and want to make a real difference in helping shape their world for the better, why not choose a career in early childhood education? The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and from Nepean Industry Edge Training will give you skills in the fundamental areas of early childhood learning including:
- Designing and implementing curriculum
- Fostering the holistic development and wellbeing of children
- Nurturing children’s creativity
- Establishing partnerships with families
- Positive interactions with children
This qualification will open the doors to a wide range of opportunities in the early childhood education sector for career success.
This course involves 2 days of classes per week a the Frankston campus, or flexible delivery of 6 to 8 hours of study per week. Plus you’ll be able to put your new skills to the test with 280 hours of practical work placement. Please note, there is no fully self-paced online version of this course.
Government funding available: this course is subsidised through Victorian Government’s Skills First program, and eligible students can have a large portion of their fees covered through the program. Please enquire to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites to study this course at NIET but there are some requirements you should know about:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria;
- If you're doing this course part-time, you must commit to at least 8 hours of study per week;
- If you're doing this course full-time, you must commit to at least 16 hours of study per week;
- This course does not require a computer and is not conducted online.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice (Core)
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children (Core)
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development, & wellbeing (Core)
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning (Core)
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum (Core)
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children (Core)
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnerships with children’s families (Core)
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children (Core)
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children (Core)
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations (Core)
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in children’s education and care service (Core)
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness (Core)
- CHCPOL002 - Develop and implement policy (Elective)
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity (Elective)
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices (Elective)
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: