In a nutshell
Great early childhood educators play an incredible role in the lives of young children. They introduce them to the exciting world of learning, nurture their wellbeing and help them establish a foundation for their successful future.
If you love kids and want to make a real difference in helping shape their world for the better, why not choose a career in early childhood education? The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113) from Nepean Industry Edge Training will give you skills in the fundamental areas of early childhood learning including designing and implementing curriculum, fostering the holistic development of children, establishing partnerships with families, and more. Plus you’ll be able to put your new skills to the test with 300 hours of practical work placement.
This qualification will open the doors to a wide range of opportunities in the early childhood education sector for career success.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
To complete your work placement, students must have at a minimum a volunteer Working with Children Check.
In this early childhood education course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 - Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the children in early childhood
- CHCECE018 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 - Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
- CHCECE020 - Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 - Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 - Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 - Design & implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 - Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education & care for children
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCECE013 - Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCECE011 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCECE010 - Foster the holistic development of children in early childhood
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: