In a nutshell
Get the right qualification and skills to pursue a career in the ever-growing IT industry when you study a Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50115) with New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology.
This course is the ideal way to advance your IT skills and make the leap into more senior ICT roles. New Horizon has structured this recognised course to give students a sound understanding of how they can support a business using a wide range of technologies.
From IT support, database development, programming, web development and more, you’ll get the right level of technical skills and knowledge to support them all. You’ll also cover how to interact lead and manage teams, develop sustainable policies and procedure, and solve incidents and problems that commonly arise in the workplace.
Study with New Horizons
What you’ll need
To be eligible to for this course, you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or over; AND
- An Australian citizen or resident; AND
- Completed their final year of secondary schooling or equivalent; AND
- Complete a Learning, Literacy & Numeracy assessment
In this IT course, the subject you may study include:
- ICTICT509 - Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT511 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- BSBCRT501 - Originate and develop concepts
- CUADIG502 - Design digital applications
- ICTPMG501 - Manage ICT projects
- ICTPRG505 - Build advanced user interface
- ICTPRG409 - Develop mobile applications
- ICTICT406 - Build a graphical user interface
- ICTPRG527 - Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG525 - Build Java applets
- ICTWEB411 - Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB429 - Create a markup language document to specification
- ICTWEB501 - Build a dynamic website
- ICTWEB502 - Create dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB503 - Create web-based programs
- BSBLDR502 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTICT419 - Work effectively in the digital media industry
Classes are run using a range of flexible delivery models. Some classes are instructor-led whilst others are self-managed online study. Most of the in-class courses can also be attended via remote connection.
Why New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology?
With a reputation for delivering a premier training experience for the last 35 years, New Horizons Australia Institute of Technology is widely recognised as the go-to when it comes to getting qualified in a range of fields including IT, Management, Project Management and much more.
When you graduate from New Horizons, you’ll have the confidence, skills and knowledge to enter the workforce thanks to their team of industry experienced trainers, who are focussed on getting you on the right path to success!
At New Horizons, your success is their success, which is why they’ve developed a strong commitment to helping you achieve your educational goals. Feel confident turning to their experienced staff and trainers who will arm you with the skills that’ll set you apart.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: