In a nutshell
Love fitness? Want an exciting, active and rewarding career that lets you follow your passion and help others at the same time? Look no further than the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness from Onfit Training College – it’s the perfect course for you!
This comprehensive, entry-level qualification is your ticket into the fitness industry. Over a period of up to 12 months, you’ll study online to build up a solid base of theoretical knowledge that will help you succeed in the gym environment. You’ll also gain valuable hands-on experience through 30 hours of work placement, meaning your practical skills will be polished and up to scratch. You’ll be learning about everything from health screening and fitness appraisals to delivering group exercise classes of all kinds to all different types of people.
Onfit Training College is a trusted Registered Training Organisation with a focus on flexible, self-paced online learning. With course material developed through direct consultation with fitness industry experts, and a ‘Circle of Support’ Program that includes tutors, IT and admin support staﬀ, you know you’re in good hands. So what are you waiting for? Take the first step in your fitness career journey today!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXFAC001 – Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 – Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT007 – Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT010 – Deliver pre-choreographed or prescribed group exercise to music
- SISFFIT011 – Instruct approved community fitness programs
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid*
*This unit of competency is not included in the course and needs to be completed through an accredited provider at an additional cost
Why Onfit Training College?
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed.
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.