In a nutshell
What’s better than one ideal course that can get you started in the fitness industry? Well… what about two ideal courses, neatly bundled together?! That’s what’s on offer when you enroll in the all-in-one SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness & SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness from Onfit Training College.
Whether you want to transform people’s lives as a personal trainer, or work in a fun group environment as a boot camp instructor, the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness & SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness are what you need. The skills and knowledge you’ll gain throughout these comprehensive courses will be your ticket into the fitness industry. You’ll be covering everything from the basics of instructing exercise and fitness programs, through to the ins and outs of running your own personal training business – and much, much more. And the best thing about this double package is that once you’ve completed the first leg, SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness, you can even start working in the fitness industry while you complete your SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. So by the time you graduate completely, you’ll already have valuable industry experience and will be ready to hit the ground running for the next stage of your career!
Learning has never been more fun and dynamic than it is at Onfit Training College. You’ll study entirely online through an interactive learning portal, and you’ll even have the option of 12 weeks of live virtual reality lectures to create a fully immersive learning experience! All that, plus the ability to study in your own time and at your own pace? What more could you want!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXFAC001 – Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 – Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT007 – Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT010 – Deliver pre-choreographed or prescribed group exercise to music
- SISFFIT011 – Instruct approved community fitness programs
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid*
SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- SISFFIT013 – Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 – Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 – Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 – Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 – Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 – Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 – Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 – Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 – Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 – Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- SISSSTC301A – Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 – Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISXCCS003 – Address client needs
*This unit of competency is not included in the course and needs to be completed through an accredited provider at an additional cost
Why Onfit Training College?
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed.
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.