In a nutshell
In today’s society, the battle with being overweight or obesity is one that more and more people are fighting. Managing and maintaining a healthy weight is often no easy feat – but what if you could do something to help people who are struggling? If you’re passionate about health and wellness, a career in weight management consultancy might be for you. And the 10859NAT Certificate IV in Weight Management from Onfit Training College is the perfect course to kickstart that career!
This nationally and internationally accredited qualification is the first vocational course of its kind. Throughout your self-directed period of online study, you’ll delve into the theory and practice behind weight management. You’ll become well-versed in the principles of basic anatomy and physiology, nutritional science, psychology and more. You’ll learn how to undertake weight management consultations, design, plan and deliver weight management clinics, and address individual clients’ needs. And you’ll cover the practical side of running your own small business as a consultant health practitioner.
Onfit Training College specialises in online course delivery and high-quality content developed in consultation with health, fitness and wellness industry experts. You’ll be able to study at your own pace and in your own time, with all the support you could possibly need. And when you graduate, you’ll be able to apply a holistic approach to weight management and embark on a career where you can change clients’ lives for the better.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- NAT10859001 - Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002 - Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003 - Develop meal plans in consultation with clients
- NAT10859004 - Make exercise recommendations for weight management in consultation with clients
- NAT10859005 - Undertake initial weight management consultations
- NAT10859006 - Undertake regular weight management consultations
- NAT10859007 - Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- NAT10859008 - Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
Why Onfit Training College?
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed.
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.