In a nutshell
Are you ready to elevate your fitness career to the next level? Set your sights higher and become an exercise specialist with the SIS50215 Diploma of Fitness from Onfit Training College.
This comprehensive diploma course is designed to provide you with the advanced knowledge and skills you need to progress beyond a traditional personal trainer role. You’ll cover you need to know to provide advanced personal training activities, from anatomy and physiology theory to injury prevention. You’ll also delve into important areas like risk management and recruitment and management of staff – all the things you’ll need to expand your current role. Once you graduate, you’ll be confident and qualified to pursue management and leadership positions in the fitness industry or build your personal training business.
You’ll be in safe hands with Onfit Training College. They’re online course specialists and consult directly with fitness industry experts to develop their course content, so studying online and at your own pace will be easier and more effective than ever. Throw 50 hours of work placement into the mix and you’ve got the ideal course for taking that big next step in your career!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed a Certificate IV in Fitness; AND
- Have at least 12 months post-qualification fitness industry experience; AND
- Provide copies of current First Aid and CPR Statements of Attainment.
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT027- Conduct health promotion activities
- SISFFIT028 – Apply evidence based practice to exercise programs
- SISFFIT029 – Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
- SISFFIT030 – Instruct advanced exercise programs
- SISFFIT031 – Implement injury prevention strategies
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication skills to build relationships
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBMKG514 – Implement and monitor marketing activities
- HLTPOP014 – Assess readiness for and effect behaviour change
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- SISXCCS003 – Address client needs
- HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid*
*This unit of competency is not included in the course and needs to be completed through an accredited provider at an additional cost.
Why Onfit Training College?
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed.
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.