In a nutshell
Do you want to help some of the millions of Australians who struggle with maintaining a healthy weight? A career in advanced weight management could be the perfect path for you – and a 10698NAT Diploma of Weight Management from Onfit Training College is the ideal first step.
This nationally recognised qualification will take you through all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills you need to take on advanced roles in the weight management sector. You’ll develop a thorough, holistic understanding of the industry, covering everything from the psychology of weight loss to the latest information in nutritional science and effective exercise regimes. As well as building core skills to help you improve clients’ health and wellbeing, you’ll study more advanced areas that will enable you to build up a professional practice and perform team supervisory duties.
Studying with Onfit Training College, who are specialists in online learning, you’ll be able to match your education to your own pace and schedule. With up to 18 months to complete your diploma, you’ll be supported every step of the way through Onfit’s ‘Circle of Support’ Program. And when you graduate, you’ll be confident and qualified to take your career to new heights.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- hold the 10576NAT Certificate IV in Weight Management (or its successor), or a qualification at least at AQF level 4 in a relevant field such as fitness or allied health; AND
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets.
In this health course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM006 - Establish and manage client relationships
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- DWMCHS001 - Conduct health screening for advanced weight management programs
- DWMDAW002 - Develop advanced weight management programs
- DWMMAW003 - Deliver and monitor advanced weight management programs
- NAT10859001 - Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002 - Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003 - Develop meal plans in consultation with clients
- NAT10859004 - Make exercise recommendations for weight management in consultation with clients
Why Onfit Training College?
The demand for fitness, health and nutrition professionals is higher than ever. Get the skills and the right accreditation to fill the gap when you study with Onfit Training College. Check out their range of courses and take the first step toward improving the health of fellow Australians.
Study online and kickstart your career! Simply log on and learn from expertly led instructors and assessors who have over 130 years of combined experience in the health and fitness field.
With nationally-recognised courses in Allied Health, Weight Management, Fitness and more, you can trust Onfit Training College to give your career the headstart it needs to succeed.
Students of Onfit Training College will have access to their exclusive Circle of Support Program which is designed to aid easy study. The Onfit team is dedicated to helping you succeed and through this program, you’ll be able to have access to the support you need, anytime, anywhere.
“I really appreciate all the support that Onfit gave me throughout my cert 3. Without the encouragement, support from admin, eTutors and assessors, feedback and additional information needed for understanding, I would definitely be in a totally different headspace.” Onfit Training College graduate, Marylyn.