In a nutshell
Harness your creative potential with this Certificate IV in Photography and Photo Imaging (CUA41115) course!
Delivered by TAFE NSW North Coast through Open Colleges, you can study this certificate qualification online, at your own pace. You will cover the history of photography as well as modern advancements in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and photo manipulation.
You will also learn how to approach photography from a commercial perspective, integrating marketing and social media practices, and business acumen – the groundwork to establishing a successful career in photography.
With your creative skills and vision, this course will teach you to respond to and interpret a client’s brief using current photo imaging techniques.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old; AND
- Have successfully completed English at Year 10 level, or demonstrate equivalency
In this photography course, the units of competency you may study include:
- CUARES403 – Research history and theory to inform own arts practice
- CUAACD401 – Integrate colour theory and design processes
- CUAPHI402 – Apply photo imaging lighting techniques
- CUAPHI403 – Enhance, manipulate and output photo images
- CUAPHI301 – Develop and apply photo imaging industry knowledge
- SBWHS201 – Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- CUAPHI505 – Produce commercial photo images
- CUADIG405 – Produce innovative digital images
- SIRRMER516 – Style merchandise for photography
- CUAPHI303 – Process photo images to work-print and file stage
- CUAPPR403 – Store and maintain finished creative work
- BSBDES402 – Interpret and respond to a design brief
- CUAPHI401 – Capture images in response to a brief
- CUAIND402 – Provide freelance services
- CUAPPR501 – Realise a body of creative work
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.